FAQsAll | General | SIM cards | Scratch cards | Videos
As of the 1st January 2018, the United Arab Emirates and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will implement VAT (Value Added Tax).
Workz prices are quoted as per Incoterm and exclude VAT.
For additional insight into the new rules surrounding VAT in the UAE from the Ministry of Finance, follow this link.
*At the time of this update, only the UAE and KSA had implemented VAT for 2018. Other GCC states are expected to apply VAT shortly
As paper is a key raw material in Workz scratch cards and packaging, we would like to give full visibility of the continuing global price increase in paper.
Having been at its highest price point for more than 30 years in 2011 the price of paper continues to climb with IBISWorld forecasting the price of wood pulp to rise even further at an annualized rate of 5.1% in the two years to 2019. A major factor attributed to this trend is the growing demand for paper-based packaging outweighing global supply.
Workz continues to seek more cost-efficient suppliers and procurement options in order to provide clients with the most cost-efficient solution.
For further information please refer to the following sources:
Workz helps you optimise your packing, removing unnecessary and expensive constructions and arrangements. We strive to reduce the wood/product ratio in every shipment whilst guaranteeing maximum product safety and security. Simply put, we help you ship less wood, air or packing and more product for your money.
To this extent we offer a range of recommended packing specs to ensure you get maximum return on your logistics costs. This includes our new super-light, super-strong packing crates solution which is designed to cost-efficiently deliver your good securely to your distribution network.
With Workz crates you enjoy product packing that is:
Stronger and more secure: greater durability with 5-ply reinforced corrugated cardboard container featuring with a wooden top for added protection in stacking and plastic strapping for strength and security. The crate is also protected with a non-porous, protective-stretch polyethylene covering for security and waterproofing
Lighter: lower freight costs and easier to handle during warehousing.
Eco-friendly: easier to dispose of or recyclable after use allowing you to significantly reduce your carbon footprint.
T-Zero (T-0) definition:
“T minus zero” means “out of time” or “time to go”, i.e. lift off or begin operation. This comes from countdown convention originally used by space centers and later adopted by many industries as a countdown to (planning) a major event that will happen at a specific time. Multiple checks and preparations need to be carried out in order to reach T-Zero.
Following industry standards, Workz lead-times starts counting from the T-Zero date, which is the first business day after all conditions for proceeding with the order have been met and Workz has received all required items.
There are three T-zero dates for each order: Production, Finance and Shipping T-Zero:
A. Production T-Zero elements:
Workz Planning team will confirm a production slot and update shipping report with a shipment handover date upon receipt of the following Production T-Zero elements from the customer. Handover date will be subject to change if Shipping T-Zero elements are not provided prior to handover.
- Purchase order sent to [email protected] reflecting price, terms and conditions as per the final commercial offer
- Advanced payment if such payment conditions are agreed in the final commercial offer
- Digital proof approval + sample/BAT approval form signed and stamped or
- Digital proof approval + written waiver of samples/BAT
Data files and technical approvals:
- SIM cards:
- Input file as per agreed call-off quantity verified by Workz Technical team
- BAP card approval form signed by customer
- If applicable, MSISDN paired file for fulfillment as per agreed call-off verified by Workz Technical team
- Scratch cards:
- HRN (PIN) data file as per agreed call-off verified by Workz Technical team and the data verification serial summary reports confirmed by the customer.
Label and export packing specifications:
- Label template approval
- Packing specifications approval
Consignment stock if applicable:
- Third party collaterals or materials if independently procured by the customer from another supplier and required for fulfillment by Workz.
B. Finance T-Zero elements:
Upon receipt of a purchase order, Workz Finance team will review the following elements related to the customer account:
- Unpaid overdue invoices
- Payment terms/ credit limits
- Letter of Credit if applicable under the terms of Workz final commercial offer
Subject to the above checks, Order Confirmation, Production or Shipping may be placed on hold until the Finance issues are rectified and Finance T-Zero is reached.
C. Shipping T-Zero elements:
Workz Cargo team will make freight bookings and proceed with shipping upon receipt of the following Shipping T-Zero elements from the Customer:
- Export documentation in customer’s responsibility as per specific government regulations (TRA approvals, CITC approvals, etc.)
- Inspection of goods at the origin if requested by Customer
For avoidance of doubt, Workz will notify the customer when T-Zero has been reached. For any force majeure or equivalent, unforeseen and unavoidable events that may occur, any lead-time days will not count during such period.
Call us +1 904 256 9114
See our global locations
View our worldwide network of facilities here
13-18 City Quay
Dubai office & production facilities
D67 Dubai Production City
P.O. BOX 485034
3948 3rd St S, Unit 454
Konrad-Zuse Platz 8
Patriotske lige b.b.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Tevfik ileri Caddesi No 193/3
Hong Kong office
3908 Two Exchange Square
8 Connaught Place